cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: [vote] forbidding flowscripts with no sendpage redirects (was Re: Saving pipeline output to a temp file...)
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 03:13:55 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Let's reformulate this into a proper vote.
>
> Do you want to enforce the fact that flowscript calls (either "function"
> or "continuation") *must* redirect using sendPage, sendPageAndWait or
> redirectTo

Unico added: >> or sendStatus!

> and that, should it not be the case, a ProcessingException be
> raised?
>
> [ ] no, let the sitemap execution continue after the <map:call> if there
> was no redirect.
> [ ] yes, enforce it in 2.1.3
> [ ] yes, enforce it in 2.1.4

I say ...
[X] yes, enforce it in 2.1.3
... we should nip this in the bud. Later we can always change our mind.
There could be trouble if we let it flower with the release, especially
as we know that it is an issue.

I also think that we should delay the release for this, and also
to allow us a little time to ensure that we are demonstrating
squeaky-clean best practice in our Cocoon Samples.

--David