cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: whitespace cleanup and efficiency drive
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2003 10:57:46 GMT
Tony Collen wrote:

> Perhaps we need a Guide to Not Letting Your Editor Mess Up The Code(tm).

This is the crux of the issue. We should not care how the
diffs or files come to us. Any old mess will suffice. As long
as we committers have tools to handle it. We apply the diff,
run the tool to re-apply the indentation and perhaps other style,
then review is easier and commit is cleaner.

Sure, we still need to encourage good style. We need to define
that style first then configure our tools to apply it.

--David