cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: Respecting the CLI
Date Sat, 08 Nov 2003 11:44:17 GMT
Upayavira wrote:
> I often find myself fielding questions on the user list about why the
> CLI doesn't work.
>
> Sometimes this is down to my own stupidity. Other times, however, it is
> down to people changing things in Cocoon, and assuming that the servlet
> is the only environment in which Cocoon runs. This isn't the case. The
> CLI does exist, and I hope there'll be other environments appearing too
> (e.g. a mailet one for use with Doco).
>
> How can we move to a point where changes that are made to Cocoon are
> done in an environment agnostic way, rather than with an assumption that
> the servlet is the only user?

Oh dear, i feel your pain. This is the exact same stuff that
i went through trying to get the Entity Resolver to work on
all platforms and in both command-line docs and the webapp.
It was agony and inefficiency.

I will help to get the Forrest Gump tests going, not that
i know anything about it.

--David