cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [Woody-binding] wb:repeater unique-path
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2003 18:57:29 GMT
On Wed, 2003-11-05 at 18:51, Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I am trying to do a "form.save(bean)" from an empty displayed form.I have
> 2 days with this sample and still not working. :-(
>

> My problem is that inside the "repeater" there is only 1 value (res_id) of
> datatype integer.
>
> Binding just save the first 2 values and an empty repeater.

Is the res_id field a field that the user can edit? The current
repeater-binding assumes that new rows are those with an empty id field
(res_id your case). Thus if these are editable by the user and the user
puts a value in them, the repeater binding will not detect that these
are new rows.

However, it is of course possible to implement alternative
repeater-binding strategies. One that's also available is
wb:simple-repeater (see javadoc of the class
SimpleRepeaterJXPathBindingBuilder). This binding works by first
removing all items, and the adding all the items in the repeater.

If this approach is not acceptable for you, I think it is possible to
adjust the "normal" repeater binding so that it detects new id's as new
rows (instead of only null id's).

> BTW, A question why we need to define the unique-path attribute as
> "@res_id" AFAIK, a collection cannot have an attribute called res_id.
> Please explain. :-D

It is not an attribute of the collection, but of the individual objects
in the collection.

Hope this helps.