cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: persisting re-arranged repeater-rows
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2003 11:02:40 GMT

On 25 Nov 2003, at 21:43, Bruno Dumon wrote:

> On Tue, 2003-11-25 at 13:47, Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am struggling with persisting re-arranged repeater rows.
>>
>> I have a form that edits an Album Bean which has a (java.util.List)
>> 'Resources' Property which is populated by Resource Beans.
>>
>> I have the List of Resource Beans represented in the form as a
>> repeater-widget, with move-up, move-down buttons.
>>
>> When I click one of the up/down buttons, the repeater-rows get
>> re-arranged correctly in the form.
>>
>> When I save the Album (I am using Hibernate, with cascading) the
>> change
>> in the ordering is not persisted.
>>
>> I am clearly missing something ..... has anyone else had with a
>> similar
>> issue?
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>
> No need to look further: AFAIK the binding currently doesn't sync
> order,
> it only checks for new or removed rows. So it considers the list to
> which the repeater binds to be an unordered set.

Is there some way to add an event-handler to my up/down buttons on each
row that could do the same re-arrangement on my Bean as is happening to
the Repeater?

Or is it going to be easier to patch
RepeaterJXPathBinding.saveFormToModel to do a 'sort' pass after
updating, by comparing 'uniqueRowIds' of the two Collections if the one
on the Bean is an instance of List?

Thanks

regards Jeremy