cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: M$ publishes Word Document ML / Hello World Sample attached
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2003 20:12:37 GMT

On 17 Nov 2003, at 20:15, Steven Noels wrote:

> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>
>> We need "scan the license" very carefully before take decision.
>
> I read it briefly and it basically boils down to "don't mess with us,
> and we won't mess with you". They do expect you to do a "compatible
> application" though, so you can't use the grammar for something
> different than what it's intended to.
>
> IMHO, it looks fairly innocent. The new ASF license has some patent
> verbiage as well, BTW. No need to panic. ;-)

But I would suggest to ask licensing@apache.org about this before we
include any example/code/tutorial/anything that is covered by that.

I agree that the license seems harmless enough. But I also agree with
Antonio that this smells funny to me: double checking with the ASF tops
doesn't hurt.

WDYT?

--
Stefano.