cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Joe Latty" <>
Subject Re: Web Service Transformers in Cocoon (Re: [article] EAI using Apache Cocoon 2.1)
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2003 23:28:14 GMT
We are using the Web Service Transformer, discussed in the article,
here (where it was originally written) in a production environment. So far
we have had no problems with it.

I can post the latest version of the WSIncludeTransformer if anyone is

However, having said that, we have found problems with doing SOAP/HTTP Calls
during pipeline processing. When something goes wrong it is difficult to
recover gracefully. And most of our SOAP/HTTP calls are being now done using
the Flow controller and Woody.

SOAP/HTTP calls return XML which then populates forms/beans using woody

var xml =, uri,
soapMethod, params, timeout);

----- Original Message -----
From: "Reinhard Poetz" <>
To: <>
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2003 11:02 PM
Subject: RE: Web Service Transformers in Cocoon (Re: [article] EAI
using Apache Cocoon 2.1)

Okay, I think it is time to find the 'official' way how to
deal with WebServices in Cocoon. There are many implementations
around and this is rather confusing (at least for me).

I summarized all available implementations that I know and
added them to a new Wiki page:

Please add your usecases and what you need (use) in Cocoon to implement

Take this as starting point in order to get a 'official' web service
integration in Cocoon and to give our users clear advice what to take.

View raw message