cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Reinhard Poetz" <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject RE: CocoonForms roadmap
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2003 06:54:44 GMT

From: Michael Gerzabek [mailto:michael.gerzabek@gmx.net]

> Cocoon Forms rock - but -
>
> Most of  my customers need
>
> - the multipage-form: Moving applications from deprecated
> Cocoon 2.0 XMLForm
>
>   to CocoonForms/ ControlFlow would be very easy then.

http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=CocoonFormsRoadmap#ref-CocoonFor
msRoadmap-2

> - datatypes repository: there is a strong need for a central
> datadictionary. Most
>   of the time you won't invent things for your own but have
> to integrate existing
>   backends. In such situations you mostly have carved your
> types into stone and
>   would just import them into your web environment (Cocoon).

http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=CocoonFormsRoadmap#ref-CocoonFor
msRoadmap-4

> - calculated fields (virtual fields): even the shopping chart
> has to deal with the
>   situation that depending on two values that go somewhere
> into an ordering
>   system need in a displayed webpage a calculated field

http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=CocoonFormsRoadmap#ref-CocoonFor
msRoadmap-11

> - default values: yes of course, and you need to distinguish
> between global
>   default values and user default values

hmmm, could you explain the functional difference. There is an issue
about it:
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=CocoonFormsRoadmap#ref-CocoonFor
msRoadmap-12

> - distinguish between edit and view mode: some design guides
> force you to
>   make extra buttons to get into edit mode.

This can be done today if you use the JXTemplateGenerator as generator
and then the WoodyTransformer as next step.

> - authorization of edit: not all users are allowed to edit
> all fields or even edit a
>   a record. It mostly depends on the role of a user what is
> allowed and what not.

This can be done today if you use the JXTemplateGenerator as generator
and then the WoodyTransformer as next step.

> Ok, thats what comes to my mind now. Some things I couldn't
> find on the wiki.

thanks for your feedback! if you're interested pls add your votes at the
issues the most important for you:

--
Reinhard