cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Reinhard Poetz" <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Dynamic woody templates?
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2003 10:01:52 GMT

From: Sylvain Wallez

> But I'm also wondering, as woody usage increases, if we will
> not need to
> write form templates involving more and more conditional
> parts. And for
> this, JXTemplate shines. But mixing jx-like access to the form model
> with wt: templates elements is likely to quickly become unnatural. A
> solution could be to augment the JXTemplate syntax with new
> Woody-related instructions. Taglibs for JXTemplate?
>
> What do you think (again)?

I think what we need is a possibility to extand a basic
JXTemplateGenerator/Transformer to add your own syntax. Otherwise we
will end in many different *TemplateGenerators/Transformers which have
to be maintained separatly. But I think you meant this with Taglibs,
don't you?

Anyway, a big +1 for *one* official *extensible* templating approach in
Cocoon - otherwise we will confuse our users.

--
Reinhard