cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Reinhard Poetz" <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [Woody] cancel button
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2003 13:34:58 GMT

From: Jeremy Quinn

> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to add a 'Cancel' button to a form, so if the user clicks
> it they exit the current form processing by being redirected
> to another
> URL, it is not working as expected.
>
> in my form model:
>
> <wd:action id="cancel" action-command="cancel">
>    <wd:label>Cancel</wd:label>
>    <wd:hint>cancels this form</wd:hint>
>    <wd:on-action>
>      <javascript>cancel();</javascript>
>    </wd:on-action>
> </wd:action>
>
> in my form template:
>
> <wt:widget id="cancel"/>
>
> in my flowscript:
>
> function cancel () {
>    cocoon.sendPage("screen/cancel", {message: "You cancelled"});
>    cocoon.log.info ("The user Cancelled");
> }
>
> When I click the 'Cancel' button, I am returned to the form,
> instead of
> being redirected to the cancel screen, even though the
> log.info message
> appears.
>
> Have I misunderstood something?

I guess it is a problem that currently happens following:
If you hit the cancel button, the JS cancel function is executed - also
the sendPage function is called. But then some CPU cycles later the
woody function is called and it calls sendPageAndWait with the current
form as content. ... and as you may expect the latter wins ...

I think we have to make sure that always sendPage* the first call is
preferred.

Cheers,
Reinhard