cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Reinhard Poetz" <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Feature request votes (was Re: CocoonForms roadmap)
Date Sun, 30 Nov 2003 14:18:55 GMT

From: Andrew Savory

> Hi,
>
> On 28 Nov 2003, at 06:54, Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>
> > Pls also keep
> > http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=CocoonFormsRoadmap
> > up-to-date!
>
> The wiki page in question asks people to vote on their favourite
> features, in order to prioritise feature development. On the surface
> this seems like a good idea, but I can't help but feel that
> the wiki is
> the wrong place to carry out any sort of vote, due to the
> impermanent
> nature of it.
>
> I know that bugzilla has a "vote for this feature" facility, so I
> wonder if we'd be better off moving votes to there, where it will be
> archived for posterity?

yep, I had the feeling too but as we don't have any rules for feature
requests and I don't have the know-how in Bugzilla how to separate
between patches, bugs and feature requests and I also don't have the
time to find out all those things I used Wiki which was the easierst way
for *me*. When I wrote the mail to the list I asked for help moving the
issues to Bugilla (any Bugzilla gurus out there???) but haven't got any
reponse on my call.

so, do we have the possibility to get useful reports from Bugzilla -
useful means: to get e.g. only feature requests for CocoonForms?
...or do we need some more advanced tool like JIRA?

--
Reinhard