cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject [RT] Direct Form->SQL mapping through OJB and DynaBeans
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2003 15:25:17 GMT
Hi,

Some people to which I demonstrated Woody and Flowscript asked me how we
can directly map forms to a database.

Yeah, I know that architecturally having intermediate domain objects is
better, but it seems a bit overkill when what you need is just a simple
CRUD front-end to a database and have no additional logic.

Writing a SQL binding for forms seems a complicated beast to me (maybe
I'm wrong as I'm not very fluent in SQL), so I was thinking of using
tools that would to the dirty work for me.

And here comes (Antonio, you'll be happy!!) OJB, which AFAIK can persist
DynaBeans [1].

So what about adding a getBean() to the widget interface that would
return a DynaBean wrapper of the form widgets? A simple OJB mapping file
and voilĂ , persistant forms!

What do you think?

Sylvain

[1]