cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <>
Subject Re: sitemap logging?
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2003 13:35:18 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Unico Hommes wrote:
>> It seems that all loggers assigned to sitemap components are getting
>> their category prepended with 'sitemap'.
>> Defining <transformer name="xslt" logger="sitemap.transformer.xslt" />
>> the transformer will get a logger in the category
>> sitemap.sitemap.transformer.xslt
>> Is this intentensional?
> I tend to think that this is correct behavior (because it is more
> "secure" -- parent logger is given to you and you don't have ability
> to use different one) and declarations in the sitemap should be
> changed to cut "sitemap." prefix.
> Other opinions?

While I understand other's opinion to justify the need for absolute
categories, I would love also to be able to express relative categories
in logger attributes.

What about allowing it when @logger starts by a dot, e.g.
".generator.file" ?

Orixo, the opensource XML business alliance  -

View raw message