cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: repository block (was Re: [RT] Source extensions)
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2003 11:32:36 GMT
Unico Hommes wrote:

>Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>

>>Unico Hommes wrote:

interface I wrote for the CVSSource over at cocoondev.org ([1], damn LGPL constraints which
forces it to be hosted out of Cocoon's CVS!) as a replacement for the VersionableSource.

CVS tags) and allow traversing the repository using a sticky label.

>>>Cool. Definitely +1 from me. The current VersionableSource is too much based on
how Slide implements versioning. I can't really tell but do you think your interface will
also map well to other versioning systems and Delta-V?

>>Well, I don't know about Delta-V, but I invite you to have a look at VersionedSource
which isn't very complicated.

>I've had a look, it looks great and a lot bigger than the current one.

"a lot bigger"? Do you mean too big or more functional?

>One issue I had with the current VersionableSource that is in the repository block is
that it doesn't allow for putting a Source under version-control, which is a method in Delta-V.
Perhaps we could add methods to that effect if we need them or find a different solution for
that altoghether. Although it would be NOP implementations in the case of a CVSSource.

You mean that delta-V asks to explicitely start version control on a
resource? Yes, we could add a "startVersioning()" method for this, and
it effectively would be a NOP for CVSSource.

Sylvain