cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: repository block (was Re: [RT] Source extensions)
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2003 10:41:02 GMT
Guido Casper wrote:

>I would like to make the following changes to the 2.1 repo and will go ahead if noone
objects (as soon I find some time):

>-Creating a repository block and moving there all source interfaces not part of excalibur's
sourceresolve package.
>-Moving there the SourceInspector interface and implementations
>-Adding a setSourceProperty() method to the SourceInspector interface
>-Marking the slide block as unstable
>-Moving there Linotypes repository abstraction(s)
>
>So the repository block would currently be not much more than a single place to better
be able compare/comment/improve/unify/consolidate.

>This would remove the dependency of the webdav block and the scratchpad block on the slide
block but make them all (including Linotype) depend on the repository block.

Sorry to jump in late, but I would like you to consider the
VersionedSource interface I wrote for the CVSSource over at
cocoondev.org ([1], damn LGPL constraints which forces it to be hosted
out of Cocoon's CVS!) as a replacement for the VersionableSource.

This interface allows the introspection of the revision tree, labels
(i.e. CVS tags) and allow traversing the repository using a sticky label.

Sylvain

[1]
http://cvs.cocoondev.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/cvssource/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/source/VersionedSource.java?rev=1.1&cvsroot=cvssource&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup