cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Continuations and multiple sessions
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:13:39 GMT
Jeff Ramsdale wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Up till now I've only casually been following progress on flow and forms
>development in Cocoon but recently I've had opportunity to dig deeper (new
>job--woo hoo!). So my question here may already have been answered and I
>missed it. Please forgive me if that's the case.
>
>I'm curious about how flow/continuations are handled in a situation where
>the user has begun interacting with a flow-managed page and then they open a
>new window (via CTRL-N, say) and the two windows get out of sync with each
>other. Is it possible to invalidate one and not the other? How can the
>server identify each?

When you create a new window, you actually create a new branch in the
continuation tree. From there on, each window leaves in its own context,
but they share every information that was declared before the fork.

If at one point, you don't want the user to be able do go back or to
continue interacting with the flow in another window, you can invalidate
the continuation tree: cocoon.sendPageAndWait() returns the created
continuation which has an invalidate() method.

For further details on this, please refer to my presentation at the GT,
slides 16, 17, 18.

Sylvain