cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <>
Subject Tooltips in Woody
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2003 13:54:40 GMT
Hi all,

I just added tooltip support in Woody (needed that quickly for my
project). For this, you just need to add a <wd:hint> in the widget

Example (from the updated "Various" sample):
  <wd:booleanfield id="somebool">
    <wd:hint>Yes, you can click!</wd:hint>

The styling stylesheets put this hint into a "title" attribute on the
various inputs. However, I encountered some difficulties with IE: this
attribute is not displayed on dropdown menus and lists (i.e. the
<select> element) whereas Mozilla displays it cleanly. Any hint on this?

I also made provision for a <wd:help> element meant to produce a more
detailed help using a popup window. But the corresponding styling is not
yet implemented.

Orixo, the opensource XML business alliance  -

View raw message