cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Olivier Billard <obill...@rennes.jouve.fr>
Subject Re: Why not JDOM, why DOM ?
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2003 15:56:35 GMT
Thanks for your answer Carsten, but I think I didn't explain well my issue...

For some components dealing with XML file (for configuration for exemple, or persistence)

or XML documents (DOM or JDOM objects speaking), Cocoon offers some convenient tools to
use for the W3C DOM model : for exemple, the XPathProcessor component takes
org.w3c.dom.Node objects to parse, and in general excalibur, for evident standards issues,

deals with W3C DOM model objects.

My question is :
If, for dev time performance, readability of the code ;), I would like to use JDOM, is
there some warnings about using this lib ? :
  - performance of this lib compared the W3C Model
  - cost of bridging the format to use the Excalibur components (baaaaad....)
  - performance of other tools to do the same job (jaxen ?)

I hope I'm clear :)

--
Olivier