cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon news feed?
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2003 08:00:19 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:
> I don't think it is in the interest of Forrest (now) to
> become a blogging tool,

Of course not.

> since this feature would presumably depend on
> some live instance of Forrest (the webapp) running on some machine.
> Forrest's power lies in its CLI mode IMHO, and it is clearly the area of
> its applicability where the most energy and continued support has been
> put into. To me, a blogging service is clearly something different than
> generating an RSS feed.

Well I can give you a generated RSS feed.

If for some strange reason the decision is to use a complete blogging
tool just to publish news about Cocoon, there is Linotype.

Note that all that we publish on our website should be under the
oversight of the PMC, so we would need sort-of commit messages for the blog.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -