cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Moving towards a new documentation system
Date Sat, 11 Oct 2003 17:54:05 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> Based on lastest posts, I will like to see a fusion Lenya+Forrest. Is this
> posible or they are divorced.

Synergy. What I want Forrest and Lenya to seek is syergy.

I can tell you, as a Forrest committer, that we *love* to do things to
make nice DTDs and relative outputs. On the other hand, Lenya is very
strong on the editing side, and there is where they are strong.

So from a community perspective, IMO id does not make sense at all to
merge the communities.

What makes sense, and what I want to pursue as far as I can, is to work
together towards making users able to use both technologies with the
same site.

So I'm happy that Stefano came out with this proposal, as it fits
perfectly with my itches(*)! :-)

(*) have fun *using* Cocoon, add some nice extra components here and
there, and make other guys do strange things like making editors ;-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -