cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Building useful release notes (was Re: [GT2003] heads up: Hackathon schedule updated)
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2003 12:08:24 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

> Sylvain Wallez dijo:
>>People looking for a particular bug fix are those that can read the
>>current kilometer-long release notes. We need a higer-level release note
>> that shows the global direction in which Cocoon is evolving.
>
> Hmm...
>
> If this is true, maybe we does not need a changelog at all. ;-D

Correct, the changelog does *not* give users a quick summary of the
direction of Cocoon. It has to be hand crafted, there is no other
possibility I see.

Adding a <release-notes> tag in each changes section would make it
possible for the release manager to add this comment in the proper space.

I'm fixing all the changes-todo-status-developers-etc stuff in Forrest,
so I'll add this to the list.

There is a section about incompatible changes that Forrest is already
using that could be of interest.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -