cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Savory <and...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: Finished Video Processing
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2003 13:29:30 GMT
On Thu, 16 Oct 2003, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Andrew knows a lot about SMIL, any suggestion there?

We shouldn't need to specify audio separately if it's in the video. It
should just work.

Of course, it'd be lovely if we had audio and video tracks encoded
separately, so people that just wanted to watch slides and listen would be
able to.

I have a working version for linux! I can't get a connection to apache.org
to upload it though *sob* (serious network-fu here).

Jeremy, can you hack your files thus:

- Edit index.html and add a text link for us linux users to

- Create "steven.ram", containing one line:
http://www.apache.org/~jeremy/steven.smil

- Add to steven.smil the following namespaces:
  xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/SMIL20/Language"
  xmlns:rn="http://features.real.com/2001/SMIL20/Extensions"

- Remove the "id" attribute from the video element

That should improve things ...

> Steven, can you give Jeremy your presentation or take the snapshots
> yourself? that would help the overall quality feeling.

If they were exported as HTML, iirc powerpoint creates images of each
page? We could then reference each page image from the smil.

> Note that we might be able to do automatic redirection to the closest
> mirror, just like geoip-based URL redirection. shouldn't be much
> different from the mirror.cgi we already have

Yup, should be ridiculously easy.

Now we just need volunteers to do text transcriptions of all of the audio,
so we can generate subtitles. And to listen to the video and give the
transcriptions timings ...

Andrew.

Orixo alliance: http://www.orixo.com/          Web:    www.luminas.co.uk