cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Savory <and...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: [OT] Digital Video Amarcord
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2003 10:12:10 GMT

On Tuesday, October 14, 2003, at 08:47 PM, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> sounds good. question: does "helix code" include support for SMIL?

Not sure what you mean by "helix code"? The available free-to-download
real players will play smil, with a few workarounds (like making the url
.ram which points to .smil)

See http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=StreamingMedia

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003, Jeremy Quinn wrote:

> Side Note:
> Unfortunately RealPlayer SMIL and Quicktime SMIL use different
> extensions (and associated namespaces) and are therefore incompatible
> <grrr!>.

(Workaround is .ram afaik ... lmk if it doesn't work!)

> Geeks appear to hate having RealPlayer installed, QuickTime is not
> available for Linux.

Nah, Realplayer is ok and a fairly safe bet for linux, and we have ways
(tm) of dealing with QT files too, now.

Andrew.

Orixo alliance: http://www.orixo.com/          Web:    www.luminas.co.uk