cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Danny Angus <Danny_An...@slc.co.uk>
Subject Re: [proposal] Doco
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2003 08:32:48 GMT

Stefan wrote:

> So, adding SSL relay wouldn't hurt, but wouldn't help much either since
> we can't force moderators to have a mail server that accepts that kind
> of relay (don't even know if mine does!)

I think what should happen to ensure this level of integrity would be that
moderators should connect to an account on the James instance managing the
doco mail, in which case it means your client has to support ssl. Otherwise
you're at the mercy of the ability of intermediate hops to preserve your
security, and it becomes worthless again.

An other suggestion might be to require moderators to sign and encrypt
their messages with PGP. I know thats it's possible for James to cope with
this, but AFAIK noone has shared any code with us.
d.

viruses.