cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: cvs commit: cocoon-2.2/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/servlet CocoonServlet.java
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2003 10:06:42 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:

> cziegeler@apache.org wrote:
>
> > cziegeler    2003/10/20 06:39:10
> >
> >   Modified:    src/java/org/apache/cocoon/servlet CocoonServlet.java
> >   Log:
> >   Making servlet config available via context
>
> A bit out of my league, but now it seems like Bruno was sharing my
> trouble in understanding, too, so here's my: "why?"

No problem, it's allowed to ask :)

Now, according to the GT panel, I could answer with "Why not?"...

Seriously, if you want to integrate other projects, that are usually
used as a servlet into Cocoon, they need at least all information
about the current servlet. So putting this into the (application)
Context is imho a clean solution in getting those information.
We already have the servlet context, the http request etc. available
using this way, but not the servlet config. So I added this.

Carsten