cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: inheriting view declaration
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2003 15:59:34 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> >Afaik, implementing this should be very easy. I looked once at
> it and I think it's only one method to change somewhere in the
> treeprocessor, but I don't remember it :(
> >

> Ahem... AFAIK, implementing this is not trivial, as it's a case where
> pipeline building is split over several sitemaps. And this is not
> possible today, although blocks and virtual components will require it.
>
> Or did I miss something?

Hmm, I thought there was one place where the view is looked up;
I thought of changing this that it also looks up in the parent
sitemap etc. This should be easy I guess.
When a view is a called the pipeline component is already instantiated
and therefore it should be possible to add the components
from the view to that object (transformer, serializer).
A little bit more difficult might be the source resolving.
Hmm, ok, perhaps you're right - but I think in 2.2 with
the new environment handling it should be easy.

Carsten