cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: Why is FlowInterpreter SingleThreaded?
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2003 09:05:21 GMT
Christopher Oliver wrote:

> I think "SingleThreaded" is rather misleading in this case.  I know
> nothing about Avalon but from my experience it appears one flow
> interpreter is created per sitemap. However, this instance is definitely
> accessed by many threads concurrently. I had to put my own
> synchronization code into FOM_JavaScriptInterpereter to handle this.

Yes, each sitemap holds a reference to the interpreter. As the sitemaps
are ThreadSafe (one single instance per sitemap), this is true
for the actual use of the interpreter as well.

Now, if I understand you correctly, the interpreter can handle multiple
requests at the same time? So, if this is true, it's ThreadSafe
and we should change it.

Carsten