cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [BUG] Building docs failed
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2003 11:45:36 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

> > > How about just updating the changes.html page? Do we really
> > > need to do the whole site. There was a discussion about
> > > not updating the website until 2.2 because the documentation
> > > was re-arranged, thereby breaking URLs. Is that still so?
> > >

> > Difficult I guess. You must check out all files from before
> rearrangement
> > and take the latest version of those pages you want to be
> uptodate. If these
> > pages now have links to other pages, which are no longer there
> where they
> > were ... But I think we can't wait updating the website til
> first version 2.2.
>
> Perhaps you missed the dot above. I mean "/2.1/changes.html"
> only, not all "changed html" pages.

But the menu on the left has changed and I guess he refers to
those links.

The current situation really starts to suck...partial updates
of the site are way too difficult, an update might break
some links pointing to our site and we need an updated site
now. Nice!

I see three solutions:
a) Revert the restructuring
b) Update the site