cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <>
Subject Re: [RT] Improved navigation of learning objects
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2003 07:36:41 GMT
Le Dimanche, 12 oct 2003, à 17:55 Europe/Zurich, Stefano Mazzocchi a
écrit :
> On Sunday, Oct 12, 2003, at 16:13 Europe/Rome, Alan Gutierrez wrote:
>> ....Has anyone discussed how to impose an outline on a Wiki?
> yes. there are some proposals on the table, ranging from simple to
> futuristic....

I think we should concentrate on the simple one for now, maybe by
creating an experimental block to work on a prototype?
We could copy the existing docs there, assign unique IDs to them and
start playing with trails.
Having permanent IDs leaves room for the futuristic stuff to emerge.

> ...[note: this is getting closer to what topic maps are about! see
>, even if, IMO, it wouldn't make sense to use topic maps
> for this because they are much more complex]

Some form of topic map would be useful to build "what's related" info
though, which helps navigation and discovery a lot.

<snip very-interesting-futuristic-stuff>
Thanks for sharing this!

View raw message