cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Whiteboard Tool (was: [RT] FirstFriday - monthly virtual Hackathon (wiki pages))
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2003 06:28:31 GMT
Le Lundi, 20 oct 2003, à 14:07 Europe/Zurich, Arje Cahn a écrit :

> I'm dreaming of an open source-Javascript
> based-crossbrowser-SubEthaEdit-kinda editing tool....

Sounds promising and *very* scary (implementation-wise) to me at the
same time ;-)

An easier option might be to improve the locking method in DocSynch?
Its author posted a comment on my blog after I reported your test
results there, see http://codeconsult.ch/bertrand/archives/000151.html.

I'm thinking of a scenario like:
1. user types a character somewhere
2. DocSynch tries to lock document, if unable puts the lock request in
a queue (visible to users)
3. lock is released if user does not type anything for a few seconds
3. user can relase lock manually

I know this is much less than what SubEthaEdit does, but it might still
be a very useful tool.

Sorry to interrupt your dreams, just wanted to point this option out ;-)

-Bertrand