cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Separation of Blocks and Avalon
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2003 09:34:19 GMT

On Friday, Oct 10, 2003, at 10:44 Europe/Rome, Ryan Hoegg wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>

>> On Friday, Oct 10, 2003, at 09:44 Europe/Rome, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>>
>>> I'm more and more thinking that we should do one thing after the
>>> other:
>>> first creating our blocks and than moving to fortress or merlin.
>>> Or the other way round, if someone things that it makes more sense.
>>> But we should avoid doing both at the same time.
>>

>> +10000000
>>
> In that case, is it possible to incrementally develop the blocks in
> the 2.1 repository while Berin works on the container in the
> soon-to-be 2.2 repository?

Potentially possible, but I wouldn't do it, we need to be able to keep
the 2.1 tree clean.

Berin, how long would you think it would take you to do the migration?
do you have a list of things that worry you most?

BTW, why can't we do the migration *after* we implement the blocks?

I mean, we have a system that works and a design that improves. cocoon
needs block far more than it needs a migration to a more modern avalon
container.

--
Stefano.