cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject [bug?] exception thrown in sendPage() skips the proper error handler
Date Sat, 01 Nov 2003 00:32:40 GMT
I'm still having fun with webdavapps and found something that looks
suspiciously close to a bug in the way the flow and sitemap work
together in case of an exception.

In the davmap, I added

     <map:handle-errors>
       <map:read src="error.html" mime-type="text/html"
status-code="404"/>
     </map:handle-errors>

to handle all errors in the fastest and simplest possible way but if
the error is triggered in a pipeline call from the flowscript, for
example, in the davmap case

   function selectMethod() {
     var page = cocoon.parameters["page"];
     var method = cocoon.request.getMethod();
     cocoon.sendPage(method+"/"+page, null);
   }

then my error handler is skipped and the normal error page is presented.

I think this behavior is wrong: the flow is just a way to add scripting
in the sitemap without hardcoding it in, but the call scope should be
preserved, even for exceptions.

WDYT?

--
Stefano.