cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Overview of Treebuilder/Sitemap Builder?
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2003 19:34:10 GMT

On Friday, Oct 17, 2003, at 20:36 Europe/Rome, Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Anyone have a logical view of how the Treebuilder is supposed to work?
>  It would
> definitely help me in refactoring things.  As it is now, the
> Treebuilder is
> tightly integrated with the ECM, so it is something that won't work
> right
> away...  I am just trying to get to a place where I can compile 2.2 so
> that my
> testcases will run and I can verify what I am doing works.

Sylvain knows this and, AFAIK, he's one of the few (only?) that does.

Which is also something that I'm particularely comfortable with, even
if this is not clearly Sylvain's fault if what he writes works as
expected and nobody has to go there and fix it ;-)

But a description of the internals of the tree processor would be
helpful not only for migration for also for future reference (refactor?
cleanup? profile? whatever)

--
Stefano.