cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Moving towards a new documentation system
Date Sat, 11 Oct 2003 15:43:41 GMT

On Saturday, Oct 11, 2003, at 17:33 Europe/Rome, Antonio Gallardo wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi dijo:
>> a repository is just like a database: editing a database by direct SQL
>> injection is silly. Today it doesn't look silly because repositories
>> are *much* less functional than a database, but when you have a
>> *serious* repository (for example, one that can extract properties
>> from
>> an image and provide an RDF representation for it), editing it *by
>> hand* would be silly.
>
> Is a good idea to use some a XML database to store the content? I
> guess we
> are taking about an application outside the cvs, right? If this is
> correct
> a good candidate can be Xindice: http://xml.apache.org/xindice/ :)

no, too weak as a contract.

[believe me I searched for the perfect repository years. JSR 170 is
what we need, nothing more nothing less]

note: the repository implementation might use xindice internally, like
a store, but there is a loooong way to go there.

for now, the best option, IMO, is to stick to simple webdav.

--
Stefano.