cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: We Aren't Alone in Thinking About Continuations
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2003 09:34:39 GMT

On Thursday, Oct 2, 2003, at 03:36 Europe/Rome, Jason Foster wrote:

> http://groups.google.com/groups?dq=&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-
> 8&threadm=bkvcrh%2425r%241%40titan.btinternet.com&prev=/
> groups%3Fhl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26group%3Dcomp.lang.scheme

Python today and Perl in the future (also the Parrot VM) have/will-have
native continuations capabilities. It won't take much until people
start using them for webapps.

BTW, remember that Paul Graham (of Lisp and anti-span techniques fame)
used continuations for a webapp he wrote for Yahoo in something like
1995.

We are definately late in the game.... but earlier than mainstream
adoption (which will happen in years, IMO). And this is good enough for
our community dynamics, IMO.

--
Stefano.