cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: [OT] Digital Video Amarcord
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2003 10:59:26 GMT

On Saturday, October 11, 2003, at 11:29 AM, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Actually, know what? the encoding is so slow that I could transfer
> while encoding .... hmmm, does anybody know how to do this? like a
> SSH-thru symlink?

Just a thought ..... it's probably too late now .....

The MacOSX Finder (as I am sure you know) mounts AFP, NFS, FTP, WebDAV,
SMB etc. server volumes.

If your target server supports any of these protocols, you should be
able to save your encoded video directly onto the remote server (having
mounted it on your desktop) from the 'Save As ...' dialog of your
encoding software.

The only problem being .... if there is a glitch in the server
connection, you loose the whole encoding pass (!!).

HTH

regards Jeremy