cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Finished Video Processing
Date Sun, 19 Oct 2003 15:55:05 GMT

On Sunday, October 19, 2003, at 01:29 PM, David Crossley wrote:

> Jeremy Quinn wrote:
> <snip/>
>>
>> I ought to have a go at separating the audio and video tracks ...
>
> I just tried with "mplayer -dumpaudio" on Linux, but failed
> ... i think my installation to blame.

Hmm .... interesting

MacOSX QuickTime 6.4 crashes when it tries to playback or re-encode the
audio track extracted from '00-introduction.avi', even though it plays
it fine in the complete movie.

I can still try to capture the audio stream using AudioHijack.

So I will look into doing an audio-only version of the SMIL to see if
that works any better.

>> (where to store them?). So users can choose, which they want to
>> receive.
>
> Next to the videos and PDFs at dist/cocoon/events/gt2003
> just scp them via your apache account on cvs.apache.org
> into /www/www.apache.org/dist/cocoon/events/gt2003/audio
> (there is no audio dir yet).

Thanks

I'll keep the audio in my Apache home directory for now ... while I see
if it works ... ?

regards Jeremy