cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon news feed?
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2003 20:11:31 GMT

On Tuesday, Oct 14, 2003, at 15:29 Europe/Rome, Steven Noels wrote:

> David Crossley wrote:
>
>> Gee, i am not sure what you are talking about Steven.
>> Why do you think that a "blogging tool" is needed to do a simple
>> publishing of news snippets? And why do you think that it needs to
>> be a live webapp? We can still get prompt publishing using the
>> current Forrest CLI generation of Cocoon xdocs.
>
> Sure, but the success of the Wiki attests that people want instant
> gratification when writing stuff, and you and I, and a few others know
> that the current publication system, using CVS, doesn't provide this.
>
> I'm not saying we shouldn't use Forrest, I just hope that we don't
> kill honest good initiatives just because of infrastructural concerns.
> This infrastructural political correctness meme tires me at great
> length.
>
> I think PMC oversight as a concept is close to everybody's heart, but
> I don't understand why it is now being used as an argument pro or
> contra some technical solution. I'm all +1 for rules, but they must
> make sense and not be used as some political weapon.

Steven, I'm dead sick of your attitude toward this.

What the system to change? get an account on moof (I can give you mine
if you wnat), install cocoon and move the wiki there, then modify the
.htaccess file on cocoon.apache.org to proxy the pages from there.

Is it sooooooo unreasonable?

--
Stefano.