cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Unico Hommes" <Un...@hippo.nl>
Subject Developing samples
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2003 14:41:43 GMT

Trying to figure out how to use the Cocoon build system to most
conveniently develop samples I first added a way to invoke an individual
${block.name}-samples target.

If you do:

# build -Dblock.name call-block-samples

The samples of the ${block.name} block will be built into the
build/webapp directory.

If you don't like this and you would rather that the block samples are
mounted directly in the source directory. This is also possible. I
modified the samples/sitemap.xmap so that by starting jetty as follows:

# cocoon -Dsamples.location=source servlet

The samples are mounted from the blocks source directory. Note that
unfortunately I wasn't able to make this work for the core samples as
well so that the system will not be able to find those when you run
jetty with this option.

I think this is probably something that will be useful in general so
I'll commit this change later if noone objects, but I'd like to hear how
others are developing samples. Develop in the build directory and then
copy the changes back into the source tree? Create a mount to the
sitemap in the source directory instead?

Cheers, Unico