cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Unico Hommes" <Un...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: repository block (was Re: [RT] Source extensions)
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2003 19:39:08 GMT

Guido Casper wrote:

> I would like to make the following changes to the 2.1 repo and will go
> ahead if noone objects (as soon I find some time):
>
> -Creating a repository block and moving there all source interfaces
not
> part of excalibur's sourceresolve package.

+1

> -Moving there the SourceInspector interface and implementations

Yep.

> -Adding a setSourceProperty() method to the SourceInspector interface

Already have it on my local copy. :-)

> -Marking the slide block as unstable

That would be because the slide block then depends on repository block
and inherits its unstable state.

> -Moving there Linotypes repository abstraction(s)
>
> So the repository block would currently be not much more than a single
> place to better be able compare/comment/improve/unify/consolidate.
>
> This would remove the dependency of the webdav block and the
scratchpad
> block on the slide block but make them all (including Linotype) depend
> on the repository block.

You could also move TraversableSourceDescriptionGenerator into the
repository block. It's a pair with the source extension interfaces and
doing so would remove the dependency of the scratchpad block on the
repository block.

I am currently working on a simple JdbcSourceInspector for mutable
SourceProperties and a RepositorySource that acts as a Source wrapper
and adds Inspectability.

-- Unico