cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Unico Hommes" <Un...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: repository block (was Re: [RT] Source extensions)
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2003 11:20:32 GMT

Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Unico Hommes wrote:
>
> >Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> >

> >>Sorry to jump in late, but I would like you to consider the
> >>VersionedSource interface I wrote for the CVSSource over at
> >>cocoondev.org ([1], damn LGPL constraints which forces it
> to be hosted
> >>out of Cocoon's CVS!) as a replacement for the VersionableSource.
> >>
> >>This interface allows the introspection of the revision
> tree, labels
> >>(i.e. CVS tags) and allow traversing the repository using a sticky
> >>label.
> >>

> >Cool. Definitely +1 from me. The current VersionableSource
> is too much
> >based on how Slide implements versioning. I can't really tell but do
> >you think your interface will also map well to other
> versioning systems
> >and Delta-V?
> >

> Well, I don't know about Delta-V, but I invite you to have a
> look at VersionedSource which isn't very complicated.

I've had a look, it looks great and a lot bigger than the current one.
One issue I had with the current VersionableSource that is in the
repository block is that it doesn't allow for putting a Source under
version-control, which is a method in Delta-V. Perhaps we could add
methods to that effect if we need them or find a different solution for
that altoghether. Although it would be NOP implementations in the case
of a CVSSource.

-- Unico