cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon news feed?
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2003 09:49:10 GMT

Le Lundi, 13 oct 2003, à 11:13 Europe/Zurich, Nicola Ken Barozzi a
écrit :

> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>
>> What do people think about us having our own RSS feed, with news
>> about the Cocoon project?
>
> The "changes" document in Forrest already has an RSS feed. I want to
> add soon a news.xml file.

Great.

> ...Cocoon is about the core, Forrest is an application of it. I find
> it a bit disturbing that it's about Cocoon==us, Forrest&&Lenya==them
> in these talks. Forrest was made exactly for this purpose, for making
> the Cocoon, Xmlapache, etc websites, I don't know why you keep on
> saying to forget it for now. ..

I said this in the context of having an experiment/prototype on the new
docs system, where it would be good to get as many people as possible
involved with a minimal amount of effort.

Hence (and IIUC this was suggested by Stefano as well based on what
Jeff said) the idea of a "forget-all-constraints" prototype of the New
Docs System, hacked with XSLT, CSS, whatever. Not excluding Forrest or
Lenya, not talking about an actual implementation that will necessarily
stay, more of a playground or sandbox to quickly evolve concepts.

-Bertrand