cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: NPEs in FlowLayer
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2003 16:46:45 GMT

On Wednesday, October 29, 2003, at 04:28 PM, Ugo Cei wrote:

> Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>> I will login successfully, logout, then login again, the second time
>> around, I get NPEs from cocoon.log.info. NPEs that I did not get the
>> first time around.
>
> I suggest that you add some more null checks in FOM_Cocoon, if you
> have identified the source lines that dereference nulls in your case.
> Defensive programming is A Good Thing (TM).

:)

Yeah, but something has broken to cause them ..... I only put them in
because I am trying to see why my request params are sometimes
(incorrectly) null ..... when Flow calls Flow Pipelines internally,
something very strange starts happening ..... you begin to loose bits
of the infrastructure after you come out the other side.

nasty business!!

Is anybody else attempting to do development of FlowScripts ATM with
the current CVS and finding these problems? (Or is it just us two?).

regards Jeremy