cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: NPEs in FlowLayer
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2003 22:01:41 GMT

On Wednesday, October 29, 2003, at 05:10 PM, Christopher Oliver wrote:

> Can you recreate this problem with a simple example you can post to
> the list?

Sorry, I have no sample yet ... it is difficult to simplify ...

What appears to be happening :

I am using the FlowScript version of authentication-fw, which defaults
to using a pipeline to provide authentication xml to the framework.

The job of this pipeline (called by
o.a.c.webapps.authentication.components.PipelineAuthenticator) is to
look up a user with a username and password, and output xml to signify
success or failure.

Our user data is in SQL. I wanted to be able to use Hibernate to lookup
and generate the authentication xml. So instead of having a traditional
pipeline with something like the SQL Transformer in it, or XSP, I made
one using FlowScript and JXTemplate.

The problems only seems to appear when the authentication pipeline is
provided by FlowScript.

After the this pipeline has run and control returns to the original
login FlowScript, several of the cocoon.* FOM properties have become
null.

Thanks

regards Jeremy