cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] Doco
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2003 18:20:53 GMT
Moving to Cocoon...

A little context: Steven suggested to take a look at

>> http://kokochi.com:8080/sapience/test.jsp

and implement the above in Doco to avoid automatic crawlers to spam us
thru the editing interface.

On Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003, at 16:26 Europe/Rome, Steven Noels wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
>> That is a *very good point* and I think you are perfectly right: we
>> should put it into Doco. Any idea on how to do it?
>
> *blush*

LOL

> In my layman's thinking, I would envision this as some special Woody
> widget which generates a random image for display, makes it available
> across some session-specific URI and does validation of the associated
> verification field on submit. Housekeeping of these temporary
> resources will be the main burden, plus some Java2D hacking, which
> apparently has been explained in DrDobbs already. Maybe the
> continuation id can be used for the temporary URI.

Sounds like a plan to me.

> http://james.seng.cc/archives/000145.html seems to be a standalone
> Movable Type implementation. Sourceforge is down ATM so I can't check
> on the license and usability of the Sapience code.

Ok

> This doesn't help a lot of course, but as we seem to be converging
> into making rich-text editing "just another Woody widget" [1], we
> might as well add this one to the list of TODOs for cool Woody/cForms.

Totally +1

> [1] Spoiling Bruno's "lonesome hacking cowboy" thought train, I just
> want to confirm that he actually started working on this.

Yey!!!

> He's still in a grumpy "friggin' stupid and unstable web browsers and
> Javascript as a development hosting environment" mood, though, so
> please light a candle for him. ;-)

I can do more: I'm willing to help!! Bruno, ask me if you need anything
(even privately, if you think it's better)

--
Stefano.