cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Sergeant <m...@sergeant.org>
Subject Re: New CVS?
Date Sat, 18 Oct 2003 23:25:53 GMT
On 18 Oct 2003, at 22:22, Robert Simmons wrote:

> What I am doing in polling the community of open source developers as
> to what
> they think. I am seriously considering starting a project to replace
> CVS using
> Java technology in the way that Ant has virtually replaced make as a
> build
> utility (for good reason).

What has Java got to do with this? Forget your language focus. The
problems with CVS (and they are many) are nothing whatsoever to do with
the language it is written in.

What you are looking for is possibly Arch, or Subversion, or OpenCM, or
Aegis.

None are Java projects, but then neither is Java.

My recommendation is to look at Arch. It's not perfect yet, but it
seems to have all the right ideas.

Matt.`