cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject [RT] FirstFriday - monthly virtual Hackathon
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2003 08:50:00 GMT
Not really an RT, this was suggested by David Crossley yesterday (or
sometime earlier, my body clock feels funny this morning ;-)

Could we have a monthly "virtual hackathon" on the first Friday of each
month?

Suggestions:

-Takes place on the first Friday of every month

-Lasts about 24 hours, from whenever someone sends a mail here saying
that they're waiting for others to join

-Use IRC for real-time coordination

-Use normal bugzilla coordination once someone actually starts working
on a bug

-Possibly use SubEthaEdit or similar whiteboarding tools [1] for pair
programming/reviews

-The goal is to close as many Bugzilla issues as possible, or bring
them to a useful state (asking for clarifications etc)

How does this sound?
-Bertrand

[1] I once tried coccinella (http://hem.fyristorg.com/matben/), it is
great and very lightweight, cross-platform, uses Jabber for
communication so no firewall problems