cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Finished Video Processing
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2003 11:17:41 GMT

On Thursday, October 16, 2003, at 11:05 AM, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

<snip/>

>> It works beautifully when the .avi is a local file, but not when it
>> is loaded over the net. I checked this in QT Player (entering the
>> URL) and directly in Safari, and it also completely fails to play,
>> even after having buffered it. No Audio, jerky video. I also tried
>> saving the SMIL as a Composite, fast-start .mov (with external
>> references), but still no go ....
>
> crap, can you post the above (and the images) somewhere on the net so
> that I can see it?

<http://www.apache.org/~jeremy/>

Keep in mind ... this is a very rough demo :)
ie. I did not have Steven's slides, so I blew up snapshots from the
video itself.
I made the slide region so much bigger than the movie region so you can
actually read the text on the dense ones ....

>> So maybe the DivX codec is not so good after all :)
>
> divx is the most crossplatform/free codec, that's why I choose it,
> nothing about technical excellence in the choice. It had to be "good
> enough".
>
> I'm not surprised if it doesn't work well with more interactive
> usage.... have you tried with real player?

Not yet ....

>> OK, so I could re-process the video so it would maybe work, but the
>> whole idea was to re-use the existing files in different containers.
>
> yep.

See what milage you get ..... I have hard-coded one of the UK Mirrors
as the source of the movie .... if we can get this to work, we need a
way of sending you off to your local mirror.

regards Jeremy