cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Track feature requests in bugzilla?
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2003 13:13:18 GMT

Le Jeudi, 9 oct 2003, à 14:33 Europe/Zurich, Stefano Mazzocchi a écrit :
> ...I'm sorry, but I hate bugzilla enough, we should try to reduce its
> use rather than increase it. it's usability is terrible, it's a punch
> in the face everytime you try to do something.
>
> the wiki is much friendlier and feature requests are not something
> that requires lots of structure (rather the opposite)...

In my view, bugzilla (or any better tool if there is one) could/should
be used for the following issues:
-bugs
-patches
-release coordination: have a script enter issues in bugzilla before
doing the release, a "master issue" which is the release and depends on
other issues representing the tests that must be performed
-feature requests

Which ones do you like today, and which ones would you like with a
better tracking tool?

I don't terribly mind using the wiki for feature requests/wishlists,
just trying to understand your point of view.

> ...also, i don't want to do conversations over bugzilla, it's painful
> and removes the ability to estimate people relationships (think agora)

Although I'm a fan of tracking tools, I agree that in our case
dispersing conversations would not be optimal.

-Bertrand