cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Track feature requests in bugzilla?
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2003 20:22:25 GMT

On Thursday, Oct 9, 2003, at 21:18 Europe/Rome, Joerg Heinicke wrote:

>>> Hmm, stupid answer, but is it better to communicate over the wiki? I
>>> don't think so.
>> nono, you missed my point: bugzilla forces discussion to happen over
>> the issue comments. wiki, since it's hard to do communication
>> overthere (as you suggest), forces you to write comments on email,
>> like it should be.
>
> And what's so bad about communication on bugzilla? Every mail is sent
> to the lists. The issues can also be discussed on the list by simply
> replying to an email. The only missing point is the "real" sender of a
> mail for bugzilla comments, isn't it?

yes, and the ability to sort messages in threads since every bugzilla
email is detached.

>> Scarab is cool, but like every tigris project seems to be in
>> continous alpha mode and has been so for years. This is unlikely to
>> change fast.
>
> Thanks for the information.
>
> If there is no real alternative to bugzilla, we should use it.

Ah, BTW, Scarab *is* better than bugzilla and stable enough for use...
I just heard it's a pain to migrate stuff from bugzilla.

> Nowhere else information about specific issues are collected so
> compactly.

true

> Mailing lists must be searched for an issue like a haystack for the
> needle (it's overstated but I think you know what I mean).

true

I'm not against it, I just suggest we don't use it for communication.

> Another issue is the configuration of bugzilla itself. Isn't it
> customizable? Furthermore more recent versions offer more options.

I'll gladly let you guys take care of this ;-)

--
Stefano.